Left Hand Path
NewsForumRecruitmentRegisterUsername  Password  OK

Left Hand Path

EU - Thunderhorn
It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 9:22 am

Post subject: Hello
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:37 pm  
Member of LHP

Hi, my name is Magnus and I'm 21 years old and I live in Sweden. Currently, I am studying towards becoming a high school teacher at university. My playtimes are a bit wonky due to university classes but usually I'll be around during the afternoon or evening most days.

My guild history isn't that long. I used to hang around in cesspool guilds up until MoP when I joined a prominent guild on my old server called Renegades. During WoD I had aspirations to join the guild's raid team and I finally managed in time for HFC. We progressed all the way through normal, heroic and up to Iskar on mythic. I intended to continue raiding with the guild going into Legion but only got to do normal and heroic EN since I had switched from a frost DK to an ele Shaman and was benched due to class preformance. I wasn't the only one who was benched due to class balance and this caused a lot of drama in the guild which split pretty violently some time between EN and ToV. During this drama I had taken a break from WoW since I was in my last year of high school and when I came back and was made aware of the situation I ended up joining the splinter guild called Infinity Challenge. I did want to get back to progress raiding in Infinity Challenge but I was never able to get back into it for reasons the raid leader would not tell me. I was however put on the raid team for Uldir when BfA rolled around and killed G'huun on normal but was benched for what the raid leader called "unreliability" due to me not being able to attend all the raids. This was mostly because I had just started university and I was taking a lot of time adjusting to uni life and studying for a very taxing course. This also lead to me not being allowed to raid in BoD which is why I decided to go look elsewhere and ended up here.

I just transfered to Thunderhorn to join Left Hand Path.

My main I intend to play the most on and also raid with for the forseeable future is my Warlock Kharanya
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n/Kharanya

She's a Blood Elf Demonology/Destruction Warlock and currently she's a tailor/herbalist, I have also brought a Troll druid which I currently only play as Balance but I am trying to get into a bit of healing on him too. As soon as the Zandalari roll out I intend to race change him into one.

After making a post on the forums Seraphiell reached out to me and after a few questions we agreed on taking me on a trial which went well. After exploring a few other promising options I decided that Left Hand Path had the profile that best fit with what I wanted in a guild and I also liked the atmosphere in discord during the raid.

When it comes to raiding I generally feel most at home as a dps, ranged or melee, but I am also at least interested in having a healing role although not a prominent one since I don't have any experience healing in raids at all. I am ok with being assigned tasks for mechanics in raids and have preformed tasks during my progression mostly through HFC and Uldir.

I think I have pretty much summed up my raiding experience previously in this post but to clarify:
HFC - normal, heroic and up to Iskar on mythic
EN - normal and heroic
NH - normal and up to Elisande on heroic pugged
ToS - 5/9 normal pugged
Antorus - 7/11 pugged
Uldir - normal and 1/8 heroic
BoD - normal and 4/9 with you guys

I usually prepare for a raid by making sure I have enough consumables for the raid, and making sure that anything I needed to have done outside of the game is taken care of beforehand. Occasionally if needed I'll rewatch tactics videos to refresh my memory on bosses. I don't necessarily have any preferred raid times outside of that they should be in the evening so that they don't collide with anything outside of the game. For raids specifically I currently use DBM and I also have TellMeWhen and Skada which I use mostly for raid reasons since those are the ones I've run with since I started using addons in WoD

I have discord and a pretty good studio quality mic so voice coms shouldn't be a problem.

And that's a short little introduction about me. Looking forward to working with you guys in raids and hopefully in some mythic+ as well.

Post subject: Re: Hello
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:44 am  

Admin

Welcome to LHP!

Cheers,

Twice :Cross:

"Gods of war I call you, my sword is by my side! I seek a life of honor, free from all false pride."