Left Hand Path
NewsForumRecruitmentRegisterUsername  Password  OK

Left Hand Path

EU - Thunderhorn
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Post subject: Hi, I'm Nyu. Hows it going.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:25 pm  
Member of LHP

Hi there, I'm Nyu.

Tell us a bit about yourself, what age are you, what do you do IRL, what are your normal playtimes?
I'm from the north east of England (Newcastle). I'm 23 and have been playing on and off since BC (I was never any good at much other than leveling though). I work in sales, designing and selling people their kitchens and bathrooms all designed by me in a 3D model (Basically I play the sims and build random rooms for people)

What is your ingame social history? What guilds have you been in, what was your relationships with those guilds and why did you leave?
I've been in a few guilds, (Never on Nyu though). But these guilds are more of those ones that just invite everyone so there isn't a community that I can enjoy talking to (Probably one of the reasons I quit a few times) so i usually just quit the guild. I used to be in a guild back on my old realm of Bloodhoof when I was younger on one of my alts, but that was more a social guild who did raids and dungeons together on occasion. It was a really fun guild just chatting away to people and helping each other out with things like PvP, quests, professions and all that fun stuff. Unfortunately I quit the game around the end of WOTLK time and never made a return until MOP. By that time my guild was long dead and no one I knew played anymore.

If you have recently transferred to Thunderhorn, why?
I'm on Wildhammer. I transferred basically all my characters over from Bloodhoof years ago when I got a friend to play with (He no longer plays now though so I'm solo again). I'd probably be open to a transfer if necessary, but I'd probably only swap one toon and would have to have been in the guild and while and be invested (I'm sure you understand due to the cost of a transfer)

What is your character called?
My prot warrior is called Nyu. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... r/%C3%91yu

Tell us about your character(s), race, class, level, spec, professions, secondarys skills - and why you have chosen that. If you have any noteworthy alts, tell us about them too.
Nyu is an undead protection warrior, hes max zandalari inscription and herbalism (I'm working on the lower ranks, I never picked a spec until 120. Work backwards I guess.)
Nyu was never my "main" until BFA really. He was an alt I typically enjoyed playing and eventually just ended up being the main one I play. Before that was always my hunter (Tyr). She's a leather worker and skinning (shes max all leatherworking except zandalari) but shes seen some neglect this expansion as I cant really get the same feel for playing her. I've been a beast mastery hunter since we were using mana and had to buy bullets/arrows an had a melee weapon as well (oh the memories haha) but cant really get a feel for beast mastery at the minute.

Why do you want to join Left Hand Path? If you mention any friend(s) in this application, please state the name(s)!
One of the reasons for my application is mainly because I'm struggling to get through raids in custom group finder (so many wipes from people that just want to mindlessly spam their abilities and not move). The other reason is that this seems to be a reasonably big guild and I'm hoping to join a guild that's active and just talks to each other, even just random chat like back in BC & WOTLK where guilds were life and you just hung out and did stuff together (My old guild are the reason I have my black war bear from 2009). Like I said, I enjoy raiding and would like people to raid with, but I'm also here for the social aspect so I'm happy to join as either. :)

Raiders:

What role do you want in a raid?
Nyu is a tank. He has been since level 10 so I'd prefer that role if its open for people my item level.

What raiding experience do you have?
Unfortunately there not much. I did Naxx 10 Back in WOTLK (We only got two quarters done tho) I'm kinda learning as I go for raids. I've done the majority of them (At least LFR or Normal) as a DPS on my alts but always worried about being the tank because I didn't want to mess anything up for people. But recently I went for it and I've been enjoying being a tank. I typically try and watch a few guide videos on the raids before I tank them so I can get some idea about what I'm doing.
How do you prepare for a raid?
Currently I'm buying pots and all that stuff from the AH, but looking to train an alchemy alt and finish cooking on my hunter so I have access to banquets for people. (I also tell my girlfriend that I'm about to raid so she doesn't thing I'm ignoring her texts hahahah).

What are your preferred raid times?
I don't really have any preferred raid times really because I don't have set days off but now we're out of peak trading We're looking at having every other sunday off and then probably a day through the week too. But this all changes.

Which addons do you use for raids?
DBM, Recount, GTFO, OmenThreatMeter, Quartz & Threatplates. (open to suggestions if anyone thinks I'm missing a good one)

Do you have (can you download) Discord and a working microphone?
I can get discord and a working microphone. I don't currently because, as I've previously mentioned, I don't have any friends I talk to. So when my last headset died, I didn't replace it.

Thanks for taking the time to read my application. I know I went off on a tangent for a few things haha but I hope they're at least a little interesting to read.

Thanks,

Nyu

Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm Nyu. Hows it going.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:12 pm  
Admin

Thank you for applying Nyu
We'll get back to you as soon as possible
We had a short chat in game before i had to go
So you are aware of the situation regarding the raid team

Post subject: Re: Hi, I'm Nyu. Hows it going.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:20 pm  
Member of LHP

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. That's fine, thanks for keeping me up to date. I'm fine with joining as just social (If there's space) while I gear up or whatever

Thanks,

Nyu