Left Hand Path
NewsForumRecruitmentRegisterUsername  Password  OK

Left Hand Path

EU - Thunderhorn
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 4:22 am

Post subject: Social Application - Splosion/Runetap
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:08 pm  
Member of LHP

Hi, I'm hoping to join as a social rank.

Tell us a bit about yourself, what age are you, what do you do IRL, what are your normal playtimes?

I'm Chris, and I have been playing WoW since about 2007, including a 5 year block from 2009 to 2014. Outside of WoW, I collect video games and vintage computers, repair and modify as much electronics as I am able to get my hands on, and enjoy solving technical problems in general. I have also a keen interest in music, having played the piano for 21 years.

I am a Software Developer by profession, though I have studied various other things including Acoustics and network administration.

My WoW playtimes are restricted to evenings/weekends due to my work, I am usually on from 7:30-10:30 most nights, and a decent amount of the weekend depending on what I need to do IRL.

What is your ingame social history? What guilds have you been in, what was your relationships with those guilds and why did you leave?

I'm not sure how many of these guilds are still around, but they are as follows;

Heavens Will (Frostwhisper), ~June 2009-March 2010 - My first actually active guild. I raided 10man content, from Naxx up until around Plague/Blood wing was released in Tier 10. I left to pursue 25man raiding.

iRaid (Frostwhisper), ~March 2010-April/May 2010 - First 25man Raiding Guild. Was during progress in ICC, This guild started to lose officers and kinda fell apart overnight due to internal trouble. I had just finished my trial when this happened. I left to transfer to a different realm for another guild.

Simulacrum (Lightning's Blade, ~May 2010 - May 2010) - I joined this guild to supposedly be part of their new 2nd 25man team, which didn't happen. I got invited to join one of their main raiders in a new guild, which is why I left that. I achieved 10/12N in T10 in this guild.

Monkey Tennis/Heavens Fury (Lightning's Blade), ~May 2010 - November 2010 - I joined this guild as mentioned above, and eventually ended up as officer/raid leader, as well as tank/healer recruitment officer. This guild cleared 10/12 heroic in tier 10, but as the late-expansion slowdown happened we lost too many of the core to quitting to continue. The new recruits were not great, the ones who were also burnt out. I also had a period of poor internet connectivity during this time which made things worse. The officers agreed to cease raiding, and I left to try and get the last few bosses of the tier.

Archaic Order (Lightning's Blade) ~Nov 2010 - Nov 2010 - This guild stopped raiding for the expansion before I finished my trial period. It did provide some useful experience in Ruby Sanctum 25 Heroic, and Trial of the Grand Crusader 25.

eXodus (Lightning's Blade) ~Nov 2010 - Cataclysm's Release - I joined this guild to attempt to finally kill LK, but the guild only did it once, and I was trial so not in the raid. I did get Herald of the Titans, Tribute to Dedicated Insanity, Ruby Sanctum 10 Heroic, and the ICC 25 Meta achievements before the expansion ended.

Edge (Lightning's Blade) ~Dec 2010 - Jan 2012 - This was my cataclysm raiding guild. 10man was the choice, as there was no reason to go for 25 and the logistics involved. It was formed with a few members from Heavens Fury, and we cleared 8/13 Heroic in Tier 11, 6/7 Heroic in Tier 12, and 2/8 Heroic in Tier 13 before other commitments caused the guild to stop raiding. I was Main tank in this guild.

Old School (Draenor) ~Jan 2012 - June 2013 - I pushed my way into this guild as a social, due to my knowledge of Paladin tanking at the time, and ended up finishing up the expansion with full clears thanks to openraid and their 25man alt raids (8/8 Heroic Tier 13). I wasn't able to raid early MoP so I turned my attention to twinking, and eventually left as I was more social on other realms.

Legacy (The-Maelstrom) Sept 2013 - Now - I had been playing with members of this guild since I was in Edge, but it was with PvE twinks, most notably level 80. We organised the first cross-realm level 80 Icecrown 25 Heroic when Dragon soul released, and completed various other twink-related content, Herald of the Titans etc. I joined to raid Tier 16, of which we managed 10/13 in 10 Heroic until I had to stop due to university commitments. I haven't left the guild, as I am still in contact with many of the members, and it isn't exclusively a max-level guild. Legacy remains one of the top PvE twinking guilds. During Mop, I achieved several somewhat notable twink-related clears, as follows:

Dragon Soul 10 Heroic cleared with level 80s
ICC25 Speedrun with level 80s (45min clear)
ICC10 (11/12), TotC10(5/5, 2/5 heroic) and RS10(1/1 Normal) kills with level 70 characters
Sunwell clear with 5 level 70s
T11, T12 and T13(Full clear of normal) with 5 Level 80s
Toc25 (5/5, 2/5 heroic) with 80s using only weapons
T10 (12/12 Heroic) clear with 80s using only gear obtainable in the first week (no epic gems)
Level 50 raiding (9/9 Molten Core, 8/8 Blackwing Lair, 7/8 Temple of Ahn'Qiraj, 6/6 Ruins of Ahn'Qiraj)
Mogushan Vaults (2/6 Normal) with level 85s
Herald of the Titans achieevd with two level 80s
Several soloing kills.

In addition to the above, I also discovered a client-server bug that allowed level 80 paladins (and later max-level tanks on Garrosh then-Heroic, now Mythic) to gain values of vengeance that meant obscene dps (https://i.imgur.com/cmWW10w.jpg Notice the attack power, this was on Halion 25 Heroic. The bug was "fixed" the following week).

After Legacy, I have not really had enough time to raid, given work commitments. I still maintain my characters to the best standard that I am able, but my twinks have been the priority as there is no content treadmill for those characters.

If you have recently transferred to Thunderhorn, why?

I've had characters on Thunderhorn since the beginning of MoP, but on alliance. I started at the beginning of legion (pre-nighthold at least) due to IRL friends being on this realm.

What is your character called? Please give an armory link.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rn/runetap

if I am able, I would like to join on some alts, as follows:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... rn/sploode
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... orn/splode
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/chara ... n/splosion

Tell us about your character(s), race, class, level, spec, professions, secondarys skills - and why you have chosen that. If you have any noteworthy alts, tell us about them too.

My current "Main" is an Orc Frost Death Knight, I chose the race because traditionally Orc was the best for plate/melee due to the increased expertise. That is not relevent now, but I still consider blood fury to have good synergy with melee cooldowns. As for Spec, I am frost because it's the most similar to earlier versions of the spec, and a DPS class. I do intend to keep a set, or at least a weapon to be able to play blood and unholy, though I am unsure how much I like the drastic changes the class has undergone since MoP and Cataclysm. I chose Death knight because it interests me, and I had intend to return to WoW to play a melee. The choice on a personal level was between retribution or death knight, and I do intend to level a paladin as well.

I have chosen my talents in a way that supports my playstyle, attempting to choose ones that are competetive. I chose Obliteration instead of Breath of Sindragosa as it felt easier to use whilst levelling, and the same is true of Cold Heart vs Icy talons. I wasn't keen initially on using chains of ice as a dps ability, but I will experiment with it. Currently, I get advice from Icy-Veins and the MMO-Champion forums, as it seems that Elitist-Jerks no longer exists.

Professions I haven't chosen yet, I feel enchanting/engineering will be the choice due to the increased movement (teleporting and gear enhancements) that engineering provides, and enchanting is likely to make my life somewhat easier (in both bag space and saving trips to the auction house)

My noteworthy alts are probably not useful at this level, but I can mention them on request. The guild "Redwalker Clan" on Draenor houses almost all of my twinked characters, except my raiding monk (Yuuta) in Legacy on The Maelstrom.

Why do you want to join Left Hand Path? If you mention any friend(s) in this application, please state the name(s)!

I wished for a nice atmosphere social guild, and my IRL friend (his character is Grlock) says that this guild is exactly what I am looking for. I am not a teenager, and tend to feel at home with people closer to my age (28). I am joining with my partner, Lumin.

Post subject: Re: Social Application - Splosion/Runetap
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:13 pm  
Member of LHP

NERD XD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:45 am  

Admin

Hey Splosion,

Thank you for your application, an awesome one if i must say.

I've put a poll up and we will get back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Twice :Cross:

"Gods of war I call you, my sword is by my side! I seek a life of honor, free from all false pride."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:55 pm  

Admin

Hey Splosion,

I'm happy to inform you that your application is successful.

Please poke any officer online for an invite.

Welcome to LHP!

Cheers,

Twice :Cross:

"Gods of war I call you, my sword is by my side! I seek a life of honor, free from all false pride."